Monday, 2 May 2016

Bold Print Dilemma!


Recently I've been trying to incorporate more dresses into my midi skirt dominated wardrobe. Whenever I enter a shop I have an inclination towards separates such as skirts, culottes and blouses that I can mix and match as I please, similar to Cher’s virtual wardrobe in Clueless. Whilst considering an item of clothing, all the various combinations flash before my eyes, which will provide me with the final surge of motivation I need to pick it up and march towards the counter. Once in a blue moon when I do purchase a dress it tends to be a pinafore with a solid, consistent colour which I find easier to layer with a variety of colours, patterns, and textures; in short I prefer an item of clothing to be flexible. Hence why I rarely buy a dress with a bold print because I feel as though I must eliminate the possibility of several outfit combinations. 

This dress is the embodiment of all that I have described above, it was my last year’s Eid ul Hajj dress (a celebration marking the end of the 30 day fast).The midi dress is long sleeved with a 60’s yellow, green and pale peach floral print. Since the dress was such a bold statement piece, I decided to layer it with something on the minimal spectrum i.e. my trusty pastel blue blazer to compensate for the burst of colour which is my dress and to complete it, I have a white Peter Pan collar blouse poking out from underneath which I feel adds some character to the outfit. Finally, in order to give the slouchy fit of the dress an A-line property, I synched in the waist with a black belt.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to wear this dress?







Outfit details: Zara dress (old), H&M blazer (old), thrifted blouse and belt, vintage cross body bag and scarf. 

4 comments:

  1. I think you wore it perfectly Sumeyye!!
    It looks really nice. I love how you've styled it. I would also go for something like a yellow or green cardigan with the dress, to make it even more "plain". As it would be the colours you are already wearing. Or maybe even pop it some more with something red or orange - give it a tropical look.
    Anyway, I think how you wore it was perfect though. I like busy prints, especially colourful ones - because you can style it with so many solid colours.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely! I was worried about it being a little bland but now I have your seal of approval. I'm all about a pop of colour, so I definitely will heed your advice and incorporate some red!
      Lots of love

      Delete
  2. Beautiful combo! Also love the shoes you paired with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan dear! I love them too, especially because they go with my whole entire wardrobe!😀

      Delete