Saturday, 14 May 2016

Mendel's Bakery Inspired!


The colour scheme of today's outfit has the Mendel's bakery vibe to it, from the film 'The Grand Budapest Hotel', composed of muted pinks and greys. I bought this dress a while back in the Dorothy Perkin's sale, however with the weather not being able to make up it's mind, I never really found an opportunity to take it out on a spin. It's a pale pink midi dress made of scuba material, embellished with pretty gems along the collar-line. I did initially consider an Agatha inspired look by pairing it with my usual brogues, which you guys must be absolutely bored of seeing at this point, until these long forgotten, teal coloured heels popped into my mind; adding the final touch to the colour scheme I was aiming for! Even my favourite milk carton bag resembles the delicate bakery packaging!






Outfit Details: Dorothy Perkins dress (old), Clarks heels (old), Accessorize bag and vintage scarf.

10 comments:

  1. Love the color palette, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours! It is very Mendel's! And I love that about it! It's one of my favourite films, so this look is really great in my opinion! I love the heels too, although I think it could have looked nice with your brogues as well (and I'm definitely not tired of them! Good and comfy shoes are the best!)
    Have a nice weekend!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap!.. It's one of my favourites too! Phew, I was worried people would start to assume I only owned the one pair of shoes, I can't help it though, they seem to complement everything! You're a woman after my own heart... The heels are pleasant to behold, but comfort prevails! Thanks so much, you too Mona dear!

      Delete
  3. This outfit is so pretty and perfect for spring! I am yet to watch the Grand Budapest Hotel, but I totally understand the pastel colours and vibes that link this outfit to the film :) Your milk carton bag is super cute!

    Julia x
    Check out my last travel post here: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2016/05/week-in-england-2-glimpse-of-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Julia! You absolutely must, it's a fantastic film!
      Of course I'll check out your post! 😊

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit! Beautiful color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, I thought I'd step out of my comfort zone and give the colour pink a try!

      Delete
  5. I love your milk box bag its so cute c:
    http://diaryofseresha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete