Tuesday, 30 August 2016

So long, farewell Manchester!

Yet another summer is swiftly coming to an end, with it brings the bidding of my farewells one by one to friends, family and of course, Manchester.  I'm most obliged to my friend Busra for trailing along after me and lending me a helping hand whilst I gallivanted around the streets of Piccadilly for one final time. Since Busra had never before seen the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI), I took it upon myself, as a museum aficionado, to accompany her...purely for her benefit of course :P (totes wasn't dying to go) in order to pay homage to Manchester, which would not have been complete without an obligatory pilgrimage of the MOSI. Behind the very Instagrammable scenes, we ate our Tesco value lunches, heartily gulped down coke and leaped into bone crunching hugs in the moment of ecstasy that followed the capturing of the perfect photograph after several failed attempts.
 I experienced a truly unforgettable summer along with both it's ups and downs, and I'll be sorry to leave it behind me. If there's one thing however that I will be looking forward to, it is embracing my long lost clothes after having lived out of a suitcase-capsule wardrobe for what feels like an eternity.












 First modern computer was invented in Manchester!

 Central Library





Outfit details: Archive by Alexa pleated skirt, Primark blouse, Primark cardigan, Clarks shoes and Mango bag

6 comments:

  1. Manchester is a city I really want to visit, I'll remember to go to the Science Museum when I do :D You look lovely, I love the colour combination of your outfit and your pretty pleated skirt!

    Julia x
    Last post: OOTD - The Gingham Dress | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2016/08/gingham-stone.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia dear, you're too kind! Honestly most people find Manchester quite bland when compared to London, but it certainly has its own charm! You totally should, judging from your delightful blog I'm guessing you're a culture and nature lover too.. The museum is pretty extensive and consists of several smaller museums grouped together! The Manchester museum, Quarry Bank Mill and Tatton Park are also some of the must see places!

      Sumeyye xx

      Delete
  2. Such lovely photos. You really make me want to visit Manchester! It looks like a beautiful place, and the museum looks like a lot of fun! ;) Love museums!
    This outfit is so pretty on you. I love the muted colours, and that skirt is so cute! Also, I would have never known you were living out of a suitcase - so much variation to your outfits! I'm impressed!
    Hope you're doing great my dear.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mona darling as usual you spoil with your compliments! I really hope I haven't inflated Manchester to the point it won't live up to your expectations! Hahah you can tell I'm rather excited about the prospect of autumn approaching! I often do darling, I take 6 skirts and 6 tops (and a couple of items of outerwear) which can all be worn interchangeably..and it does the trick! At this point you can probably guess how bored and uninspired I am of seeing the same items though! Hope you're enjoying the last few days of summer!

      Lots of love
      Sumeyye xx

      Delete
  3. You always make me want to visit Manchester with all your beautiful photos, need to get on this stat. You look gorgeous as ever, love your outfit, the colour combination plus the pleats are so pretty <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww says you!.. Thank you darling! I agree, picked this beauty up from the Archive by Alexa sale for £12! Hahah and I'm always telling you that you totally should!

      Sumeyye xx

      Delete