Hi there, remember me? I’ve absent for quite some time as this summer was a roller coaster. However, I bear good news and tidings (by no means am I trying to brag, this is just me sharing things that have made me exceedingly happy recently) and I believe a catch up is long overdue, so here goes…
1. I've returned to Istanbul after a summer holiday that felt like infinity.
2. I've commenced a new university in a brand new location.
3. Despite all the psychological stress many Turkish students were subjected to this summer, we’ve all been assigned to universities where we can resume our degrees! Not only can I maintain my psychology degree but I was informed that there was nothing preventing me from resuming my double major too...so YAY!
4. My university is in the heart of Istanbul which has resulted in my life entering a whole new level of exciting since I have access to places I could only have dreamed of beforehand! Anyone who has spent any length of time in this vast city will appreciate the mutual wish we all share for owning a bat-mobile. Confused? You see, it’s no longer about whether there is traffic but whether there is traffic in Istanbul; requiring you think thrice before venturing on an excursion.
5. Being within a close proximity to the cultural hotspot of Istanbul means that *fingers crossed* I will have some brand new content for the blog. Having previously resided in the distant suburbs which one can barely refer to as Istanbul, I never found a moment to explore the city due to the aforementioned great distance, traffic and my limited personal time juggling 2 degrees. Now that most of my excuses have vanished into thin air.. I will attempt to take you guys along with me as I travel Istanbul.
6. I moved from a shared flat to renting the room of a lovely family!
7. Despite everyone having been scattered all over the country, I’ve also been blessed by some of my dearest friends being within arm’s reach.
Not everyone was as fortunate as I was, so I’m immensely grateful for the clean resolution which is my life right now. I wish all those that had to endure the same ordeal the very very best in their future endeavours.
What kind of shenanigans have you all been up to?! Do let me know!
Now over to today's outfit post, the setting is located at the local street art gallery, this particular exhibit called out to the Wes Anderson aficionado in me with all the saturated tones, the overwhelming presence of mustard, quirky eclectic clothing and the solemn expressions of the kids in the photographs.
Today's outfit all in all epitome of my thrifty ways! The denim culottes with frayed hems is from Topshop for a whooping fiver (patience pays off sometimes), the vintage alpaca cardigan was thrifted for a modest £3, my Accessorize rocket novelty bag was a startling £2.50 simply because it had a strap missing, my stripy long sleeve olive and cream t-shirt was 14tl (£3.50) from LCW and finally I completed the do with my mother's hand-me-down silk scarves!